Saturday, February 11, 2012

Skippy

When I was a child, I read a story called Barney Beagle.  I loved it and will always remember it.  Funny thing is, my sister remembers it too.  It is a heartwarming story of a dog and it was so touching that neither of us ever forgot it.  I would recommend every child getting to read it.  I am in no way connected to that book. I wish I was. lol

I eventually got a dog of my own named Skippy.  He passed away in the summer of 1988.  I have wanted to write a book dedicated to my love for him, for a long time. Skippy (title of my new book) is that book. It's a fictional children's story about a dog named Skippy, with my real dog's picture on the cover.  I hope it will in some small way, leave children with the same feelings I had from Barney Beagle.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment