Wednesday, November 7, 2012

B&N in UK

By theory, all authors are treated equally. In reality, nothing can be farther from the truth. B&N opened a new site in the UK. I thought wonderful, more exposure for my 40+ books. Right? Wrong. I did a search for Erotica Short Stories since they don't have that category. Top matches had a long page, that keeps expanding as you scroll down. By the time I reached the end, I found that NONE of my books were being sold. There were multiple authors that got many of their books on there but the rest of us were left in the dust. How fair is that on a new site, where no authors had book sales yet?

Besides that, I have books on B&N at their US site that are on the first page, when you choose Best Selling in Erotica Short Stories. Therefore, if the UK site is according to US book sales, my books should be on the Best Selling order. Are they? NO again. I can't find my books at B&N in UK unless I specifically search for Elaine Shuel. That won't help new readers find me. I contacted B&N in UK and US.  I hope you'll write them too if you agree with me.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment